Most of the Malaysian parents may not have heard of swaddle bath, but it's a common practice in Japan. Swaddle bath keeps your newborn calm and creates a stress-free experience for both baby and parents.
Studies have shown that only 38% of babies cry during a swaddle bath compared to 93% who cried during the conventional bath.
During a swaddle bath, your newborn is wrapped with a bath towel (or thin blanket) and then immersed in a bath tub filled with water - up until your newborn's shoulder. The immersed bath towel allows the warm water to travel up the towel and warm up your newborn's body. You can also pour some water over the towel periodically to keep the towel warm.
Here's a quick guide on how to swaddle bath your newborn:
- Gather all your newborn bathing and cleaning essentials near your bath area.
- Bath water should be at body temperature (comfortably warm and not hot) - between 37 to 38 degrees Celsius. The water should feel comfortable on the inside of your arm.
- Swaddle your newborn with a Suzuran Baby Gauze Bath Towel during the immersion bath. Your baby will feel more secure.
- Support your baby throughout the bath.
- Unswaddle, wash, rinse and re-swaddle each of your newborn's limb individually. You can choose to use the loose ends of the bath towel or Suzuran Baby Gauze Handkerchief to wash your baby.
- This way, the bath towel keeps your newborn warm, secure and calm throughout the bath time.
- Do not leave your baby unattended in the bath tub.
- The bath should take about 5 to 10 minutes.
Suzuran Baby Gauze Bath Towel is specially designed to swaddle your newborn during bath time. It's made from 100% cotton and it's highly absorbent. What's more, it's soft & gentle on the skin.
A swaddle bath for your newborn can be a relaxing and bonding experience. Try a swaddle bath for your newborn today! You and your newborn may enjoy it.